Understanding Diabetes Type 1 Cause and Prevention
The public has had little knowledge about diabetes type 1, especially because of the overshadowing effect of the more common diabetes type 2. This article is therefore dedicated to help you in understanding diabetes type 1 in terms of causes, symptoms and treatment among other aspects. Before that, what really is diabetes type 1? This is basically an insulin-dependent condition where your pancreas secretes inadequate amounts of insulin or none at all. It is therefore different from diabetes type 2, in which case your body becomes resistant to the available insulin or produces it in insufficiently.
Causes and Risk Factors
Although nothing has totally been agreed on as the specific diabetes type 1 cause, it is known that the immune system is responsible for destroying the islet cells of the pancreas, which are charged with the role of producing insulin. The risk factors you may need to look out for include family history and exposure to poisons and viruses such as mumps, adenovirus and rubella. Another known risk factor is associated with age, where children and adolescents are particularly vulnerable to diabetes type 1.
Signs and Symptoms
Diabetes type 1 symptoms include:
- Feeling hungry and thirsty more often
- Urinating more frequently
- Developing the problem of bed-wetting
- Suddenly and unintentionally losing your weight
- Feeling moody more regularly
- Blurring of your vision
It is always good to see your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms, for proper disambiguation with other conditions.
Developing diabetes type 1 can cause the onset of various complications especially in your cardiovascular, nervous, digestive and renal organ systems. The risks in your cardiovascular system include developing conditions like atherosclerosis, hypertension, angina, thrombosis, heart attack and stroke. In your nervous system, diabetes type 1 can cause damage to your nerves, leading to development of numbness, tingling and burning sensations. These sensations usually start in the fingers and toes, developing upwards. Nerve damage in the digestive system leads to problems like vomiting and diarrhea. On the other hand, men may experience erectile dysfunction if nerves in their reproductive system are damaged.
Diabetes type 1 may cause damage to your renal organs, particularly your kidney. In severe cases, this may lead to complete kidney failure. The other risk with diabetes type 1 involves your eyes. Here, you may experience cataracts, glaucoma and subsequent blindness. Diabetes type 1 can also cause damage to your lower limbs. The complication can be aggravated by untreated wounds, eventually causing a need for limb amputation.
Other complications associated with diabetes type 1 include skin diseases and pregnancy complications resulting to miscarriage or congenital disorders. In case you have been diagnosed with diabetes type 1, it is always good to lead a healthy lifestyle for instance by eating healthy foods and having your glucose levels closely monitored. This can go a long way in protecting you from the said complications. In case you are an expectant mother with diabetes type 1, it would be good to go the extra mile in healthy practices so as to safeguard both yourself and your unborn baby.
Prevention and Treatment
No cure is available for diabetes type one. However, you’d be pleased to learn that there is a lot you can do to prevent developing the condition or to manage it if you already got it. Diabetes type 1 prevention techniques include keeping your blood glucose levels in check and practicing healthy lifestyles. To manage the condition, your doctor may recommend taking insulin in form of injections or from an insulin pump. I bet you’d also be pleased to know that an artificial pancreas is in the making.
Here Is a Small Sample Of What You’ll Learn When You Read the Article Of The Reverse Diabetes Today (TM) System
- Those not-so “innocent” yet everyday toxins that are currently attacking your body and severely damaging your pancreas. They’re everywhere today — including household cleaning products, plastics and air pollution. They poison your insulin-producing beta cells, making Type 2 diabetes worse, while hastening the onset of Type 1. You’ll learn the best way for detoxifying your body to get these nasty chemicals out of your body.
- Why we all are becoming so prone to killer diseases. Find out how the pharmaceutical and food industry are conspiring to poison you and make you sick
- Why diabetes drugs not only don’t work, they actually make the patient WORSE!
- What to do and what NOT to do to normalize your blood sugar levels naturally and effectively.
- Which food industries use advertising to encourage doctors to tell you that their “food” is good for you – just like those cigarette ads in the 1950’s!
- The single most effective fruits and vegetables in cleaning up excess acidic waste… and how to cleanse your pancreas completely from systemic acidosis.
- Why, what your Doctor has told you is wrong, and why many medications actually increase the side effects and complications of diabetes.
- A combination of diet and lifestyle changes that will stabilize your blood sugar and keep it at a healthy level.
- How to naturally reduce your cravings for toxic foods.
- How to quickly boost your Immune System and never have to worry about any illnesses ever again.
- How to apply the latest scientific breakthroughs into practical steps to bring your blood sugar levels back to the levels of a non diabetic within just a few weeks, and restore optimum health.
- Why treating the symptoms of disease is like using an umbrella inside your house instead of fixing the roof.
- The most powerful creator of health (Hint: it’s not a food or vitamin!)
- The best way to simplify the task of making a health-conscious lifestyle adjustment.
- A scientific discovery that jump-starts your body to do its natural work, which is to heal itself and restore your pancreatic function: producing enough insulin to control the level of sugar in your blood and use the glucose for energy!